Translate

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Dinner lime and herb drumbsticks

One of my favorite cuts of chicken when I was a kid was the drumstick. When we had a family roast chicken yep those babys were mine and the family knew it.
Then as I grew up and took my place in the kitchen we as a family on a SAD stopped picking up bone in chicken and stared getting boneless chicken or store cooked chicken. The problem with the store bought chicken is that those drumsticks are so small and not worth the hassle and usually we would debone the whole bird before the table.
 
As an adult I would just skim past the pack of drumsticks at the grocery store and pick up the chicken breasts. Brainwashed me would think ' none of my recipes call for drumsticks only breast you can't switch the two'. Or even that's not enough chicken to fill up my family and who wants to pay for bones anyway.
Foolish mistake
You can use any chicken breast seasoning marinade on drumsticks with amazing results. I personally like to sear the drumsticks in a pan with coconut oil to get a nice crispy coat on them before putting them in the oven. It makes a huge difference. They come out so juicy and flavorful.
It really make a delicious dinner for any day of the week
So tonight's dinner pictured above is lime and herb drumsticks!
I haven perfected the recipe yet but keep on coming back soon I will post it if you guys are interested.
Thanks,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment